Saigon Foodie Evening Tour – By Scooter – Private Tour
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
It is said that you have to taste a culture in order to understand it. Especially when it comes to countries of rich cultures and fascinating culinary like Vietnam, eating and cooking local foods may be the surest and truest way to its soul. Considered as the economic center of Vietnam, people across the country have been moving to Saigon for countless reasons, consequently enriching and diversifying its culture & cuisine. With this Saigon food tour, you will have a chance to experience some of Saigon’s best specialties that favored by the locals.
- Scooter with our drivers
- Bò Bía – Rolled Bía
- Sugarcane juice
- Vietnamese pizza
- Clams steamed with lemongrass in a pot
- Stir-fried finger shape snails with morning glory
18:00 We pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City Center.
Before beginning our fascinating Saigon food tour, we will give a Southern style scarf as a Vietnamese souvenir.
Then, we will ride through busy and narrow streets/alleys of Saigon with a local Vietnamese driver (well trained and speaking English).
We will stop for:
- Bò Bía – Rolled Bía: a very popular Saigon street food. It’s a refreshing crunchy rice paper roll filled with jicama, Chinese sausage, herbs served with soya bean paste.
- Then we enjoy with a cup of Nước Mía – sugarcane juice.
- The next stop of our Saigon food tour on scooters is Bánh Xèo: “sizzling cake” or Vietnamese savoury fried pancake, the size is as big as the skillet, with choice of pork or seafood or mushrooms served with fresh herbs and crunchy vegetables.
Following with Frozen Passion Fruit Flan – special homemade recipes.
Group from 03 pax and over will have extra Bò Lá Lốt – Beef in “Lot” leaf
If you have already tried Bánh Xèo elsewhere before joining our evening Saigon food tour, we will order Bò Lá Lốp instead.
- Stop for Bánh Tráng Nướng a Vietnamese pizza type with grilled rice paper, quail egg, pork.
- Stop (optional) at a night street food alley for balut egg
- Stop at local restaurant to enjoy the most trendy local street food with beers:
Nghêu Hấp Sả – Clams steamed with lemongrass in a pot.
Ốc Móng Tay Xào Rau Muống – Stir-fried finger shape snails with morning glory.
Ếch Núp Lùm – fried frogs (no skin) hidden in shredded lemongrass.
Stop for Sâm Bổ Lượng: a type of sweet desert – sweet soup, cooked with rock sugar, lotus seeds, dried longan, red jujubes, and thinly sliced seaweed.
22:00 Drop you off at hotel in Ho Chi Minh City Center.
Saigon food tour ends here. Our guide will say goodbye and see you again!
Duration: 4 hours (approx.) from 18:00 to 22:00
Pick-up point: Hotel in District 1, Ho Chi Minh city
Drop-off point: Returning to the departure point.
- Local foods and drinks.
- Qualified helmet, poncho.
- A handful gift: Southern style scarf.
- English speaking guide and drivers.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel within 4 kilometers from city centre
- Accident insurance.
- Pick up and drop off at airport, train or bus station, Saigon’s Ports
- Tips, personal expense and others not included in the package.
- To locate your hotel, please visit Booking.com or Agoda.com\ Filter by Neighborhood\ Ho Chi Minh City Center
- For this Saigon food tour at night, we offer pick-up service outside the Center of Ho Chi Minh city with surcharge
- The price is not applied in holidays.
If you are a gourmet foodie and want to try more Vietnam food in general or more Saigon food in specific, you can join our Saigon Cooking Class: Market Tour And Cooking Class and put your hands over the making of these delicacies. Saigon food tour and cooking classes are our two bestselling Saigon tours and they are also listed among the best things to do in Ho Chi Minh city.
From 1$ (per person)