One Day Visit Mai Chau Valley
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
In an idyllic valley, the Mai Chau area is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. Let’s journey through the terraced rice paddies and mountains valleys to explore the unique cultures and traditions of Vietnam’s indigenous hill tribes. There’s minimal traffic, and the rural soundtrack is defined by gurgling irrigation streams and birdsong. If you’re looking for a nice place for biking and hiking, Mai Chau will definitely fit your expectation.
Mai Chau valley
Na Meo and Na Mo villages
Traditional lunch in local village
Thai traditional house on stilts
Riding around the village
Our guide and driver will come and pick you up from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter then depart to Mai Chau. The road will slowly weave itself through mountains, fertile valleys and traditional villages.
The first stop is Mai Chau Valley. Set in an idyllic valley, hemmed in by hills, the Mai Chau area is a world away from Hanoi’s hustle. The villagers are mostly White Thai, distantly related to tribes in Thailand, Laos and China. The Thai women are masterful weavers producing plenty of traditional-style clothing and souvenirs.
Afterward, we spend time having local style lunch in a Thai traditional stilt house
Next, cycle round the valley with our guide to see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.Mai Chau Valley is a very good place for people who like to do some activities such as walking from village to villages or take a bike trip along the village road through the wet rice fields and simply sitting on the house-on-stilts to enjoy the peaceful and quiet atmosphere of the village.
Return to Hanoi and drop off at your hotel
Tour ends after about 4 hours to heading back. Our guide will say good bye and see you again!
ITINERARY IN BRIEF:
07.00 – 07.30: Pick-up at hotel then depart to Mai Chau.
12.00: Arrive Mai Chau Valley and have local style lunch in a Thai traditional stilt house
13.00: Cycle round the valley and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
15.30: Return to Hanoi
19.00: Drop off at your hotel
Tour ends. Our guide will say good bye and see you again!
Duration: 10 hours (approx.)
Departure: Your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
Return point: Returning to the departure point.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Hanoi Old Quarter;
- Transfer by air-conditioned bus;
- Experienced and enthusiastic driver;
- Professional English speaking guide;
Tips, personal expenses and others not included in the package
- Please wait at your hotel lobby at least 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time;
- Full refunds will be issued for cancelations made at least 48 hours prior to the travel date;
- To locate your hotel, please visit Booking.com or Agoda.com\ Filter by Neighborhood\ Old Quarter;
- If you stay outside of Hanoi Old Quarter, additional transfer fee will be charged (fee depends on hotel location and will be directly informed you) or our guide will meet you at Hanoi Opera House – 1 Trang Tien, Hanoi;
- Hotel pick up time will be varied from 7:00 – 7:30. We will inform you the exact time as receiving your hotel address. The pickup time depends on traffic jam, weather and other customers in group tour. Therefore, the driver and tour guide take time to collect all customers. If they come late, we hope that you can sympathize for this inconvenience and patiently wait them;
- Maximum 20 pax/ group;
- The price is not applied in holidays.
From 1$ (per person)