Discover Mekong Delta – My Tho By Speedboat
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
What is more interesting than exploring Mekong delta on a luxury speedboat? In Mekong Delta tours like this, you will enjoy peaceful and tranquil atmosphere when rowing through small canals. Also, you will have chance to pay a visit to Coconut candy factory, bee farm and also try local Vietnamese specialties.
- Discover Mekong Delta landscape
- Local life in water regions and traditional Southeast music of Vietnam
- Witness bee farm and buy bee’s products
- Coconut candy – most famous delicacy in Ben Tre province.
We will pick you up at hotel then we will start our trip by transfering to Tan Cang pier by a comfortable minivan.
Upon at pier, we depart to My Tho – Mekong Delta by speedboat. When on board, enjoy a light breakfast of a Pat-a-chou snack with mineral water and local fruit, enjoy the fresh air and understand the daily life of local citizens living along the river banks.
Arrive at My Tho city, enjoy tropical fruits while listening to the Southern amateur music – a traditional kind of music in Southwest Vietnam. It originated from folk culture combination with Nha Nhac-a royal music mainly performing for nobbles and royal in Hue citadel about 19th century. This traditional music is recognized officially as the world’s intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO.
Experience the tranquil atmosphere of water region by rowing a small boat through small canals. That is the most unique part of all Mekong Delta tours. Leave for Huong Dua coconut candy factory to see Coconut candy production line. Continue to visit the bee-farm, observe how people raise bees for honey, and drink honey tea, tourists can buy products made from honey and queen bees’ milk.
Ride to a local restaurant by horse cargo and enjoy your Vietnamese traditional lunch with delicious 7-courses. Finish lunch and head to Saigon. Elephant-Ear fish (one very special dish in Mekong Delta), rice-paper served with fish sauce and other dishes.
Arrive back to Ho Chi Minh City and finish one of the most interesting Mekong Delta tours. Drop-off at hotel. Our guide will say goodbye and see you again!
ITINERARY IN BRIEF
07.30: Pick up and transfer to Tan Cang pier
08.00: Depart to Mekong Delta (My Tho) by speedboat
- Enjoy a light breakfast
- Immerse yourself in the fresh air and the daily life of local citizens
10.00: Arrive to Mekong Delta (My Tho)
- Enjoy tropical fruits while listening to the Southern amateur music
- Ride to Phong Phu rowing boat dock by Lambro tuk tuk
- Rowing a small boat through small nipa canals
- Visit Huong Dua coconut candy factory
- Stop at the bee-farm
12.00: Cruise to Diem Phuong restaurant and enjoy your Vietnamese traditional lunch
13.30: Heading to Saigon.
15:30: Dropp you off. Tour ends.
- Duration: 8 hours (approx.) from 7:30 to 15:30
- Meeting point: your hotel in District 1
- Return point: your hotel in District 1
- Insurance on boat;
- English speaking guide;
- Mineral water and wet towels;
- Free pick-up at 3 streets: Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham, Bui Vien of District 1;
- Snack & local fruit;
- Vietnamese traditional set lunch at local restaurant.
Personal expenses and tips.
- To locate your hotel, please visit Booking.com or Agoda.com\ Filter by Neighborhood\ Ho Chi Minh city\ District 1;
- Hotel pick up time for Mekong Delta tours will be varied from 7:30 am to 7:45 am. We will inform you the exact time as receiving your hotel address. The pickup time depends on traffic jam, weather and other customers in group tour. Therefore, the driver and tour guide take time to collect all customers. If they come late, we hope that you can sympathize for this inconvenience and patiently wait them;
- Free pick-up at Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham, Bui Vien street;
- There will be transfer round trip surcharge at hotels in other streets of District 1 and will be directly informed you before;
For an ultimate Mekong Delta travel guide and more things to do in Ho Chi Minh city, please take a look at our localdaytrip’s Blog.