Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – Cuc Phuong National Park Tour
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
Discover Hoa Lu, which was the ancient capital of Vietnam from 968 to 1009 CE. Then you travel to Tam Coc, which is complimented as “Ha Long among the rice paddies”. Spend the second day visiting Cuc Phuong National Park, which is famous for its variety of animals, plants and the dozens of ancient caves that can be found within the forest.
- Hoa Lu ancient capital
- Tam Coc – Ha Long among the rice paddies
- Cuc Phuong National Park – home for wide variety of plants and animals
- Day 1: Hanoi-Hoa Lu-Tam Coc (Lunch, Dinner)
Get a comfort pickup from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter and head to Hoa Lu Ninh Binh. Enjoy beautiful sceneries of the rural areas on the way before exploring Hoa Lu – the Ancient Royal capital of Viet Nam. Visit Dinh king temple and Le king temple built in the 10th century and finding out the heroic histories of this two Kings in Chinese Wars. After that, we move to Tam Coc to get lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, get on bamboo boat rowed by the local people in Hoang Long River to visit Tam Coc. You will pass through three enormous caves that provide a brief respite from the intense summer sun. It takes approximately two hours to go up and down the river and along the way. Witness local fisherfolk, village life along the river and, of course, the striking limestone karst formations. If you are fan for cycling, you will have chance to visit real villages and amazing landscapes by bicycle in one hour (from Restaurant). After the ride, check in the two-star hotel and have dinner at Tam Coc. You will spend your first night here.
- Day 2: Tam Coc-Cuc Phuong National Park–Hanoi (Breakfast, Lunch)
After breakfast, we start departing to Cuc Phuong National Park – one of the most popular nature tourist destinations in Vietnam. The primate center was established in 1993 with the support of the Frankfurt Zoological Society. It has grown to 100 animals in 30 cages, 4 houses, two semi-wild enclosures.
After lunch, depart to the Park Centre to visit the Cave of Early Man (had over 7000 year), then start on a long trek through the forest to learn about the diverse flora and fauna of the park. Stop at Cho Chi, which is a thousand-year-old-tree.Return to your hotel in Hanoi.
Tour ends. Our guide will say good bye and see you again!
ITINERARY IN BRIEF:
- DAY 1: HANOI – HOA LU – TAM COC (L/D)
7.30 – 8.30: Pick up at the hotel then depart for ancient of Hoa Lu (90km south of Hanoi).
11.00: Visit temples dedicated to King Dinh Tien Hoang (923 – 979) and Le Dai Hanh (941 -1005).
12.00: Continue to Tam Coc for lunch and take picture of villages and stunning landscapes.
13.30: Board on sampans to visit Tam Coc (Three caves).
15.30: Finishing 2 hours on sampans, we will have time for relaxing in hotel after long day of activity.
17.00 Dinner at your hotel and stay overnight in Tam Coc.
- DAY 2: TAM COC – CUC PHUONG – HANOI (B/L)
7.00: Enjoy morning drinks then have breakfast at your hotel.
7.40: Pay a visit to Cuc Phuong National Park.
9.20: Visit Endangered Primate Rescue Centre.
10.30: Experience thrilling moments when exploring Cave of Pre – historic Man dates back 7000 years old.
11.30: Enjoy a local style Vietnamese lunch at the National Park Headquarters.
12.30: Spend hours trekking through jungle.
14.30: Get a bus transfer back to Tam Coc and join the other group back to Hanoi
18.00: Arrive back in Hanoi. Tour ends.
- Duration: 2 days 1 night
- Departure-meeting point: Your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Return point: Your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Transportation Ford transit 16 seats or County 29 seats with A/C;
- English speaking guide;
- Meals as itinerary;
- Hotel accommodations in Ninh Binh;
- Entrance fees;
Personal expenses, tips & others not mentioned in inclusion
- We also offer further options of more luxury hotels. Please contact to us through email or phone number if you’re interested;
- To locate your hotel, please visit Booking.com or Agoda.com\ Filter by Neighborhood\ Old Quarter;
- If you stay outside of Hanoi Old Quarter, additional transfer fee will be charged (fee depends on hotel location and will be directly informed you) or our guide will meet you at Hanoi Opera House – 1 Trang Tien, Hanoi;
- Hotel pick up time will be varied from 8:00 – 8:30. We will inform you the exact time as receiving your hotel address. The pickup time depends on traffic jam, weather and other customers in group tour. Therefore, the driver and tour guide take time to collect all customers. If they come late, we hope that you can sympathize for this inconvenience and patiently wait them;
- The price is not applied in holidays.