Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
The town of Cu Chi is a district of greater HCMC. At first glance, there is little evidence here to indicate the intense fighting, bombing and destruction that occurred in Cu Chi during the war. To see what went on, you have to dig deeper underground. In this Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Tour, we will give you interesting stories about Vietnamese people in war. And, especially, you will have an opportunity to discover tunnels underground yourselves to get a deeper understanding.
- Historic Cu Chi tunnels
- Vivid history and anecdotes
- Exploration of secret guerrilla hideout
- Relics from the Vietnam War
We will pick you up at your hotel lobby in District 1 and depart to Cu Chi Tunnels
Arrive at Cu Chi Tunnels, a 75-mile (121-km) long maze of tunnels used by the Viet Cong in its military campaign against American forces. You will be given an overview introduction of Cu Chi and its legendary history. A documentary film about the tunnels will explain you about the tunnels histories and how fierce the war was in the area
Walk around the Viet Cong’s base of operations, learn the history behind the tunnels’ creation, and visit exhibits displaying a variety of weapons, such as the M16 rifle, the AK-47, and even booby traps. Take time to stroll around the war memorial and crawl inside the tunnel. After that travelers can try delicious manioc which was the main food for guerilla-warriors in Cu Chi during the war.
If time permits, we will have an opportunity to fire a variety of Vietnam War-era weapons at the shooting range (additional cost) or try the types of meals the Viet Cong fighters used to eat at the command center (also additional cost).
After a day of discovery, your transfer brings you back to your hotel.
Drop you off at your hotel, Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Tour ends here. Our guide will say goodbye and see you again!
ITINERARY IN BRIEF
7.30 – 8.00: Pick you and transfer to Cu Chi Tunnels
09:.30: Arrive at Cu Chi Tunnels
- Walk around the Viet Cong’s base of operations
- Learn the history behind the tunnels’ creation
- Take time to stroll around the war memorial and crawl inside the tunnel.
- Back to your hotel.
13.00: Drop you off at your hotel, Tour ends here.
- Duration: 4 hours (approx.) from 08:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Pick-up point: Your hotel in District 1 center
- Drop-off point: Returning to the departure point.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in District 1;
- Professional English speaking guide;
- Mineral water;
- Entrance fee.
- Tips, personal expense and others not included in the package;
- Shooting gun
- To locate your hotel, please visit Booking.com or Agoda.com\ Filter by Neighborhood\ Ho Chi Minh city\ District 1;
- Hotel pick up time will be varied from 7:30 to 8:00. We will inform you the exact time as receiving your hotel address. The pickup time depends on traffic jam, weather and other customers in group tour. Therefore, the driver and tour guide take time to collect all customers. If they come late, we hope that you can sympathize for this inconvenience and patiently wait them;
- We offer pick-up service outside De Tham, Pham Ngu Lao, Bui Vien Street with surcharge;
- The price of this Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Tour is not applied in holidays.
To bring about more value to your trip, we also integrate Cu Chi Tunnels 1/2 Day into special tours like Ho Chi Minh City And Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion, Full-Day Cao Dai Temple – Cu Chi Tunnels, or Travel By Speedboat To Cu Chi Tunnels. For more things to do in the South Vietnam or best things to do in Ho Chi Minh City, please visit our localdaytrip’s Blog.
From 1$ (per person)