Cam Kim Island Discovery Tour By Bicycle
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
Tired of being hassled by sellers everywhere you go? Want to enjoy something new and unique? Cam Kim, a beautiful carpentry island which is about 10 minutes ride by ferry from the city, is a must when you are in Hoi An. A pleasant ride to Cam Kim will let you free from the busy life in the old town. Instead of old buildings everywhere, you will enjoy stunning views of the countryside on Cam Kim island with beautiful rice paddies, cute water buffaloes and friendly local people. This island is almost free of tourists and full of chance for local culture explore
- Visit boat building workshop
- Cycle around the village to see rice fields, vegetable farms, water buffaloes.
- Learn and try your hand at a local traditional rice paper making family.
- Visit DuyVinh village and learn to weave sleeping mat with locals in their house.
- Visit Huynh family temple, a typical family temple of Vietnamese people
- Visit the home made rice wine house and learn how to row the basket boat with local fishermen.
- Interact with local people and see the typical life here
- Cycle back along the country roads
- Enjoy lunch with Quang noodle
- Activities at Kim Bong Village
Our tour guide will welcome you at our office: 591 Hai Ba Trung street
1. Visit boat building workshop
Fishery is a main occupation in Hoi An and fishermen love their fishing boats. Boatbuilding is a traditional occupation from 15th century here in Kim Bong carpentry village. Firstly, let’s see how they make the boats with their skillful hands.
2. Visit Huynh Ri carpentry workshop
Kim Bong carpentry village has been famous for its skillful carpenters with various stuffs made from wood: furniture, religious statues, finely crafted wooden doors, wooden toys and so on. You will see how people here make these besutiful stuffs by hands.
3. Visit a family that makes rice noodle
Rice paper is everywhere in Vietnam. Let’s see how people they make it here and try making your own rice paper under locals’ instruction. The locals here are very hospitality, they would invite us to try some fresh rice paper with fish sauce also.
4. Visit a family that makes sleeping mats
No duvet or mattress, only sleeping mats are available in the countryside. Visiting this family to see how local people live here and trying to make a sleeping mat yourself are nice experience you should have on this island. The ladies in the sleeping mat house are friendly and kind. They are happy to interact with you. Don’t hesitate to ask them about their life and their culture.
5. Visit Huynh family Temple
Vietnam is a religious country. Temples and pagodas are essential places for public worship. Let’s visit a family temple to have more knowledge about the architecture of Vietnamese temples as well as Vietnam history.
6. Visit a kindergarten/primary school
Kids are cute and lovely everywhere. Let’s stop by a kindergarten/primary school and see how local kids here love seeing foreigners and love being photographed though the only word they know is “Hello”. We will have some fun games to connect with the adorable kids. What a expereience!
7. Row unique basket boat with local men
Have you heard about the seven – hectare water coconut woods with the unique ecosystem of water coconut trees- Cam Thanh village and be so fancy with Basket Boat? Now, with Cam Kim bike tour, you also have chance to learn how the paddle the basket boat along the water on water coconut tree lake.
8. Have lunch with Quang noodle:
Time for lunch! We will have lunch at local place where is fresh and cool nearby the lake. The real taste of Quang noodle from the local village is great experience after long ride.
9. Visit home made rice wine House
Let’s Mot! Hai! Ba! Do! (One! Two! Three! Drink!)! Vietnamese rice wine is so special. Are you curious how to make rice wine in Vietnam? Most rice wine is made in small home distilleries using either normal or sticky rice. The white rice is first cooked and mashed, then water and yeast is added before the mixture is left to ferment. The resulting broth is eventually distilled to produce alcohol. We have chance to visit Mr Muoi’s house who has 25 experienced- year in traditional making rice wine.
Tour ends. Our guide will say good bye and see you again!
Duration: 5 hours (approx.) 7:30 – 12:30
Departure: 591 Hai Ba Trung street
Returning point: Returning to the departure date.
- English speaking tour guide
- Vietnamese coffee
- Making rice paper
- Learning how to weave sleeping mat
- Mineral water
- Many photo opportunities
- Personal tips and others not included in inclusion.
- Children’s bicycle available, 6 years and over.
- Bicycle with children’s seat available upon request.
- Minimum 2 paxs
- Surcharge 8USD/Pax for Private Tour
32$ (per person)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.