A Real Eligious Journey With Perfume Pagoda Tour
Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
What To Expect
Enjoy a full-day Perfume pagoda tour and discover one on the most impressive Buddhist center in Vietnam. This Buddhist shrine is located in the throat of a giant cave among spectacular rock formations and stalactites, and even features a spiritual stairway to heaven. Just one tour but allow you to enjoy beautiful landscapes, touch crystal-clear water and listen to the sound of nature.
Perfume Pagoda Tour Highlights
Huong Tich Cave (Cave of the Fragrant Traces)
Thien Tru Pagoda (Pagoda of Leading to Heaven)
Spectacular view from Huong Tich Cave
Peaceful sightseeing boat trip
Perfume Pagoda Tour Itinerary
After convenient pick up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter, we head to Perfume Pagoda, is one of the most famous attractions in Vietnam in Huong Son Site (also known as Perfume Mountain). Perfume Pagoda known locally as Chua Huong or ‘inner temple’, is at the centre of a very revered and sacred site featuring a maze of mainly Buddhist temples built into the limestone cliffs of Huong Tich.
Then you will take a 50 – minute row-boat trip along the river side. This boat trip on the Yen Vi river is quite a relaxing way, we could say – romantic. Probably you will see lots of local people, fishermen, tourists, sometimes blossoming water lilies and certainly wonderful views to Huong Son mountain range.
The next stop is Huong Tich – a nice cave and the centre part of Huong Son national tourism spot in My Duc district, Hanoi. The way from the cave’s mouth to the insider has 120 anti-plastered rocky footsteps. There are forest trees at two sides greeting visitors with their warm welcome. According to Feng Shui theory, Huong Tich cave (Đông Hương Tích) is the mouth of a big Dragon, Dun Gao Mountain is the dragon’s tongue and it is one of the most beautiful place to visit.
Go back down and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant nearby.
Adequately fuelled we’ll then head into the Thien Tru Pagoda, built in the 18th century – also known as the ‘celestial kitchen’, due to the Vietnamese legend which says the rocks of the mountains look like a chef working in his kitchen.
Afterward we get the boat back to the dock.Return to Hanoi and we will finish our itinerary. Our guide will say good bye and see you again!
Itinerary In Brief:
07.45 – 08:30: Pick up at your hotel for Perfume Pagoda.
10.30: Take a 50-minute boat ride along the river side
11.30: Climb up to a unique pagoda inside Huong Tich Cave on the mountain summit (2.5km in height)
12.30: Go back down and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant nearby
14.00: Visit Thien Tru Pagoda Pagoda of Leading to Heaven)
16.30: Board the boat back to the dock
18.30: Return to Hanoi
Perfume pagoda tour ends. Our guide will say good bye and see you again!
Duration: 10 hours (approx.) from 7:45 to 18:30
Pick-up point: Your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
Return point: Returning to the departure point
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Hanoi Old Quarter;
- Transfer by air-conditioned bus;
- Experienced and enthusiastic driver;
- Professional English speaking guide;
- Vietnamese lunch;
- All sightseeing and boat fees;
- One-way return transfer by cable car.
Personal expenses, tips and others not indicated in the tour
- To locate your hotel, please visit Booking.com or Agoda.com\ Filter by Neighborhood\ Old Quarter;
- If you stay outside of Hanoi Old Quarter, additional transfer fee will be charged (fee depends on hotel location and will be directly informed you) or our guide will meet you at Hanoi Opera House – 1 Trang Tien, Hanoi;
- Hotel pick up time will be varied from 8:00 – 8:30. We will inform you the exact time as receiving your hotel address. The pickup time depends on traffic jam, weather and other customers in group tour. Therefore, the driver and tour guide take time to collect all customers. If they come late, we hope that you can sympathize for this inconvenience and patiently wait them;
- The price is not applied in holidays;
- You should bring hiking boots, hat or umbrella, sunscreen, cash.