There are so many airlines offer international flights to Da Nang such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Airline so if you choose Hoi An as your first destination in Vietnam, you can check information and book tickets on the website of the airlines above.
However, if you move to Hoi An from Hanoi or any other provinces in Vietnam, there are many transportation as well as brands for you to choose. Normaly, moving from Hanoi to Hoi An ancient town by bus will take about 500.000 – 600.000 VND but it will be faster than travel by train. Train fares will range from 700,000 VND. There are also flights from the domestic airport to Da Nang with ticket prices range from 2,000,000 for one-way; therefore if you choose to move by air, you should book in advance, the fare will be reduced drastically.
You can catch a bus from the Da Nang bus station to Hoi An. Every 30 minutes there is one bus, starting at 5 or 6 am to 5pm every day.
You can find some hostel, homestay or cheap hotels in Hoi An in the list below:
- Nam Ngai Guest House: 626 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hoi An. Tel: +84 909.080836
- Phuong Dong Hotel: 42 Ba Trieu Street. Price range from 300.000 – 400.000 VND for double rooms. The hotel has a nice pool, free breakfast, the hotel’s rooftop has really nice view in the morning.
- Golden Sand Resort at Cua Dai Beach, Hoi An suitable for wealthy guests who want to enjoy luxury vacations.
- Southern Hotel and Villa: 224 Ly Thai To Street, Hoi An.
- An Hoi Hotel: 69 Nguyen Phuc Chu Street, Hoi An.
- If you want to experience Homestay you can contact with Mrs. Chau through mobile phone number: +84 932533977. Her house’s add is No 9. Nguyen Phuc Nguyen Street, located in the center of the town and near the night market.
The Bridge Pagoda
The Bridge Pagoda – the common name for the architectural complex consisting of small temple linked in the north slopes of the bridge in the ancient town of Hoi An, Quang Nam Province. The Bridge Pagoda is a very well-known architecture to many international visitors.
The bridge is 18 meter long with seven wooden space, connecting two roads which are Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street and Tran Phu Street of the ancient town. The bridge has a soft curved shape and many beautiful motifs, both the bridge and the pagoda are meticulously carved.
Phung Hung Old House: No 04. Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Hoi An.
Phung Hung old house is the place witnessing the birth of eight generations of Phung Hung family. It was built over two hundred years and it is one of the most beautiful specimens of this type of architecture in Hoi An. In 1985, this house has been ranked number one in Vietnam as a model of traditional architecture with high cultural value. It is considered a model because it keeps intact the ancient architectural elements thanks to the great quality of the materials and the care of the whole family.
Tan Ky Old House: No 101. Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An
The Cu Lao Cham (Cham Islands) constitute a group of 8 small islands of Quang Nam, which form a part of the Cu Lao Cham Marine Park, a world Biosphere Reserve recognized by UNESCO in Vietnam. The islands are approachable from Cua Dai beach. This site can satisfy you with many sand beaches, forested hills and the sea …
You can also take a tour to visit Cu Lao Cham Island, it included lunch meals, car transfer and you can snorkel, dive and enjoy many local foods if you join in the tour. Check this tour “here”.
Check this “post” to know what to eat and where to go for best local food in Hoi An.